This course aims to get the driving ability of your staff to advanced standard. Included in the training is a practical driving session – to perform a Training Needs Analysis and to allow for any gaps to be closed. Also included are causes of accidents, effects of human factors, pre-use vehicle checks and hazard awareness and management, and risk reduction.
The benefits are that delegates will learn the theory and practical aspects of advanced and defensive driving, it is tailored to suit individual requirements and it leads to a certificated confirmation of advanced driving ability – which should then have a dramatic effect on cost reduction in businesses.
All drivers including business and professional whose role or specific task exposes them to a higher than average risk, which could include drivers of cars, vans and larger vehicles.
On completion delegates should:
- Reduce accident risk and exposure to vehicle damage
- Understand and minimise the general and specific local causes of accidents
- Appreciate how human factors affect performance
- Understand the need for a systems-approach to vehicle checks
- Improve observations and awareness of potential risk on the road
- Develop a systematic and defensive approach to hazard management and risk reduction
There will be continuous assessment by the trainer over the duration of the course and a certificate will be produced upon successful completion.