This course aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the dangers of confined spaces, both in terms of access, whilst working in the confined space and egress. It is a blend of theory and practical exercises to challenge and educate delegates to the dangers of working in confined spaces.
Anyone who works in an area determined by an employer, through an appropriate risk assessment as a confined space.
Some of the key points of learning are:
• Current legislation
• Recognition of confined spaces
• Dangers associated with these areas
• Human respiratory system
• Use of personal protective equipment
• Safe Systems of Work for entry into confined spaces
• Methods of communication
• Emergency procedures
• Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces
• Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment
This is an assessable course and is required to be successfully completed. Assessment is via direct observation, oral questioning and a written paper.