This course aims to ensure delegates acquire the required knowledge to carry out COSHH assessments and ensure the risks from hazardous substances are adequately controlled in their workplace. Upon completion of the course delegates are required to participate in an ongoing assessment programme for hazardous substances and provide assistance where required.
Anyone who is likely to get involved in carrying out COSHH assessments or those who are required to ensure COSHH assessments are adequate and the controls are implemented and monitored, for example managers, supervisors, Health and Safety Advisors, Safety reps.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Identify the hazards and risk associated with hazardous substances
• Identify how hazardous substances can cause harm by different routes of entry
• State the legal requirements relating to hazardous substances and the requirements of assessments
• Explain how risk from hazardous substances can be controlled and what is meant by adequate control
• Carry out a suitable COSHH assessment and record the significant findings
Practical - Carry out and record a COSHH assessment in the workplace. There will be continuous assessment by the trainer over the duration of the course and a certificate will be produced upon successful completion.