This course aims to ensure delegates acquire the required knowledge to ensure they can identify the risks associated with hazardous substances and how exposure can occur in order to ensure that the risks from hazardous substances are adequately controlled in their workplace.
Anyone who uses chemicals or may be exposed to biological hazards as part of their normal work.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the hazards and risk associated with hazardous substances
- Identify how hazardous substances can cause harm by different routes of entry
- Evaluate and apply the controls specified in COSHH assessments
- Explain how risk from hazardous substances can be controlled
- Assist when COSHH assessment are being carried out
There will be continuous assessment by the trainer over the duration of the course and a certificate will be produced upon successful completion.