This course is tailored around the needs of those staff who have a designated fire responsibility.
This course provides delegates with a greater awareness and understanding of the threat posed by fire, their personal responsibility in preventing an outbreak in their place of work and actions to be taken should a fire occur.
This course will benefit all employees in understanding the appropriate actions to take in the event of fire. It may be used to compliment fire warden training, however it is not sufficient training for the role of the fire warden.
On completion of the course, students will:
- Have developed a greater awareness of the hazards of fire
- Understand the nature of fire and how it spreads
- Recognise the threat fire poses to people and property
- Appreciate the need for effective fire emergency procedures
- Be able to distinguish between the different types of extinguisher and the fires for which they are suitable
- Communicate the fire safety message to their colleagues
There will be continuous assessment by the trainer over the duration of the course and a certificate will be produced upon successful completion.