This course is in line with the BAFE Certificated Fire Extinguisher Maintenance Refresher Course and is a recommendation to keep your skills, knowledge and practices up to date as techniques and trends change over a period of time. We suggest a three year refresher period which would allow for those new techniques to be incorporated.
Anyone who has successfully completed a 4 day initial course.
On completion of the course, students will:
• Have developed a greater awareness of the hazards of fire
• Recognise the threat that fire poses to people and property
• Appreciate the needs for effective fire emergency procedures
And be able to;
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and the fires for which they are suitable plus practical use of fire extinguishers and fire blankets.
• Communicate the fire safety message to their colleagues.
• Know the duties and expectations of being nominated as a Fire Marshall/Warden.
There will be continuous assessment by the trainer over the duration of the course and a certificate will be produced upon successful completion.