This course is designed to familiarise delegates with fire safety legislation and gain awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke and the use of fire extinguishers.
The course is delivered by the very people who would be visiting your business premises and provides an invaluable insight into what County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service as an enforcing authority would be looking for in a visit.
This course is suitable for persons responsible for undertaking fire risk assessments in premises, when the premises in not a high risk site. The course raises awareness and understanding of fire safety systems.
On completion of the course, students will:
- Have a greater understanding of fire safety legislation and regulations
- Have developed a greater awareness of the hazards of fire
- Understand the nature of fire and how it spreads
- Recognise the threat fire poses to people and property
- Appreciate the need for effective fire emergency procedures
- Be able to distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and the fires for which they are suitable
- Communicate the fire safety message to their colleagues
There will be continuous assessment by the trainer over the duration of the course and a certificate will be produced upon successful completion.