The NEBOSH Fire Certificate provides fire risk assessment training suitable for most low-risk workplaces and will teach you to identify the range of fire protective and preventive measures required under UK law. The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is designed for those with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace including:
• Managers, supervisors and employee representatives
• Those with fire safety responsibilities at work
• Those looking to take on fire safety advisory roles
• The certificate provides candidates with a sound knowledge of fire safety
and risk management systems
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to identify key requirements for health and safety management systems and prepare management reports on health and safety improvements
Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation or people moving into fire safety adviser roles. The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is a qualification for those with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace.
Delegates who have already passed NGC1 as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification do not need to re-take this unit, provided it was achieved within the last five years.
You will develop:
- Knowledge and understanding of the management of fire safety including legal requirements
- Understanding of the principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fire, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire
- Confidence in undertaking fire risk assessments in low risk workplaces
Following the 12 days tuition, candidates will sit 2 exams – Students who have already passed NGC1 need only to do 5 days tuition and take 1 further exam.