To recertify and enhance through assessment, delegates competence in the technical and practical aspects of breathing apparatus wearing and command and control procedures.
This course is aimed at anyone who has previously attended a Breathing Apparatus Initial Training Course within the last 2 years and are able to prove competent as a certified as a breathing apparatus wearer.
On successful completion of the module delegates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a minimum safe level in the wearing and use of breathing apparatus and ancillary equipment in various exercise scenarios
• Demonstrate the ability to function as an Entry Control Officer
• Conduct an assessment of risk, using appropriate information, to ensure that safe systems of work are adopted
Through PowerPoint presentations, skills sessions, practical demonstrations and exercise scenarios, the following areas will be covered:
• Breathing apparatus set and ancillary equipment to include thermal imaging cameras
• Safe movement in limited visibility
• Working durations
• Breathing apparatus entry control procedures
• Entrapment, entanglement and emergency procedures
• Command and control of breathing apparatus incidents
This module is an assessable module and is required to be successfully completed. Assessment is via observation of simulations.