Breathing Apparatus wearing is synanons with Fire Fighting, so who better to deliver Breathing Apparatus initial or refresher training to industry, than those instructors who deliver it to Fire Fighters. At VFS, we feel there is no better delivery package available and we pride ourselves on the highest standards of quality, where the delegates come away feeling like they have learned some something every time. We also provide this at our training centre, which is one of the most innovative training structures in the UK currently.
To qualify delegates in the technical and practical aspects of Breathing Apparatus training, wearing and practices and procedures.
On successful completion of the breathing apparatus training course, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a minimum safe level in the wearing and use of
- breathing apparatus in various exercise scenarios
- Define the safety critical areas of breathing apparatus
- Demonstrate the ability to function as an Entry Control Officer
Through PowerPoint presentations, skills sessions, practical demonstrations and exercise scenarios, the following areas would be covered in our breathing apparatus UK training:
- Breathing apparatus set and ancillary equipment
- Physiology of respiration
- Physiological stress and hydration management
- Safe movement in limited visibility
- Working durations
- Breathing apparatus entry control procedures
- Protective clothing and decontamination procedures
- Guideline procedures
- Breathing apparatus set removal
- Entrapment, entanglement and emergency procedures
- Special risks
Assessment and Certification:
This module is an assessable to the required standard to gain certification. The certification lasts for 2 years upon which a refresher course will be required.
Depending on the requirements of the industry