The qualification has been designed to accredit the knowledge and skills development of learners who are instructing other learners on the use of Breathing Apparatus.
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling to complete this qualification.
Unit Content and Rules of Combination
Level 3 Award in Breathing Apparatus Instruction The qualification consists of 2 mandatory units, one of which is a knowledge based unit and the other is knowledge and skills based. The qualification gives learners a total of 8 credits. The 2 main areas being: –
- Knowledge of breathing apparatus instruction
- Deliver instruction in the use of breathing apparatus
On completion of the course, students will be able to: –
- Understand the use of a breathing apparatus (BA) set and ancillary equipment
- Understand the safety procedures relating to BA instruction
- Understand the effects of the BA instruction environment
- Understand how to facilitate BA sessions
- Be able to plan breathing apparatus (BA) practical sessions
- Be able to lead familiarisation with BA set and ancillary equipment
- Be able to facilitate practical BA sessions
- Be able to debrief those involved in the BA session
Total Qualification Time (TQT)
The Total Qualification Time and Guided Learning Hours for this qualification are 60 Hours.
Contact us for a more in-depth discussion on breathing apparatus training and how we can fully meet your expectations via our online enquiry form here. Or call us on: 0191 375 5690.
One of our team will get back to you with details on how we can help very soon. Thank you for your time and interest in Vital Fire Solutions Ltd, part of the County Durham and Darlington Fire Authority’s service.
The Total Qualification Time for this qualification is 60 hours