This course works towards National Occupational Standards (EUSCS03) and is about working in confined spaces which have non-standard entries and which, in consequence, makes rescue difficult. It is likely that a hazard will be present at some time during the entry.
Entry may involve complex entry procedures and there will be work-specific controls and rescue arrangements. It will entail the use of self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus, specialist detection equipment, and resuscitation equipment. It will require the presence of personnel who have designated responsibilities for dealing with emergencies.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works in an area determined by an employer, through an appropriate risk assessment as a confined space.
- Prepare to enter and work safely in high risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit (SCOC) breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Confined spaces and their environments
- Equipment and tools
- Working with others
Contact us for a more in-depth discussion on working in high risk confined spaces and how we can fully meet your expectations via our online enquiry form here. Or call us on: 0191 375 5690.
One of our team will get back to you with details on how we can help very soon. Thank you for your time and interest in Vital Fire Solutions Ltd, part of the County Durham and Darlington Fire Authority’s service.
This is a three day course minimum